Thursday, October 14, 2010

11 Pounds

I didn't believe it for myself at first.As most of you know, I have been trying to lose some weight... a lot of weight! My goal is to be in a size 7 or 8 by February of 2012, which is when Cody comes home. So far, I have lost about 10 or 11 pounds since the middle of August! Honestly, I am so proud of myself. I never would have believed that I did it if it wasn't my own body.
I couldn't ever tell that I was actually losing weight at first though. People that see me everyday at work have been commenting on how loose my scrubs are, and even my family has been noticing. That makes me so excited! I can never tell just by looking at myself in the mirror every day. But I can tell when I look at these two pictures.



The first one was taken in the first of April of this year. The second one was taken the first of October of this year. Look at my belly. That's where you can really tell. (Just so you know... I stayed at a pretty normal weight since I graduated high school. I've been at 198 since I graduated... so all of my pre-weight loss pictures look like the first pic.) I am amazed at my progress! I have just been adjusting some things that are a part of my lifestyle, and look at what a difference it has made. I laugh when I hear of these girls who go on twenty different diets and are on a new on every week and aren't losing any weight, and then there I am... changing habits in my daily life and I'm 11 pounds lighter.
I'm lovin' life!

4 comments:

Celeste Simons said...

Shelby, this is amazing! What are you doing??? Seriously...Please share!

Princess Karra said...

You're looking good Shelbs! Way to go! (Course, I always thought you looked good.) ;)

Christensen Kids said...

Good Job!

Heather Dye said...

Shelby, you look great! Keep up the good work girly!!