That's right. Day 2 in my marvelous 21 day journey.
"Take His Name"
This section talks more about the sacrament and the purpose for it. It says, "By partaking of the sacrament we covenant that we are willing to take upon us the name of His Son, and always remember Him, especially in our daily walk and conversation." It asks to think of situations in my life that I have encountered in the last week where my actions have been consistent with the covenant I made during the sacrament.... There isn't much that I can think of. How sad. Sad that I can't think of a time that my actions have been consistent with the things that I have promised the Lord. I didn't always remember Him, and I tried to represent him. Not remembering him though hurts my representation of Him, and honestly, that hurts me. I am ashamed. Honestly, I am very ashamed of my actions and my inability to remember the Lord in all my doings and to not represent Him the way that I should be.
My goal for this week? To think of the covenants that I make with the Lord every week that I attend church and partake of the sacrament, and then to make my actions consistent with those covenants. Also, I will remember Him in all that I do and represent Him better.
"When we take His name and always remember hHim and keep His commandments, He gives us the greatest blessing He can give us; that is to always have His spirit to be with us."
- Elder Robert D. Hales




1 comment:
Shelby, thanks for the reminder. As I am reading this entry, I am thinking of things throughout this past week. Thanks for keeping me focused.
Post a Comment