Monday, February 14, 2011

Day #3 - "A Common Thread"

These pictures are just the pictures that they put with each of the days. Just sharing them with you all.
"We renew our appeal for the keeping of individual histories and accounts of sacred experiences in our lives -- answered prayers, inspiration from the Lord, administrations in our behalf, a record of the special times and events of our lives. From these records you can also approprately draw as you relay faith-promoting stores in your family circles and discussions. Stories of inspiration from our own lives and those of our forebears as well as stories from our scriptures and our history are powerful teaching tools. I promise you that if you will keep your journals and records they will indeed be a great source of great inspiration to you, each other, your children, your grandchildren, and others throughout the generations."
-- President Spencer W. Kimball
I have always been pretty good about keeping a journal since I was a Freshman in high school. Granted, I don't write everyday, and when I don't I usually write on here, which can be counted as a journal, right? I should probably print off the pages and keep them in folders or something so that it will count more. Anyways, I have been slacking on keeping good entries. Usually my hand written journal entries consist of church meetings (when I used to go), scripture study (when I actually studied randomly), or times that I need to vent. Sometimes there are good entries in there too. My goal with this subject is to write more diligently, not just here on my blog, but also in my regular journal. In the future, who knows if my future generations are going to be able to have access to this blog. Technology will be WAY WAY different then than it is now. (Hence the reason I should probably start printing off everything since I've been on here.) I want my future generations to be able to find a common thread between my life and theirs, and hopefully they will find something that reaches out to them and helps them in their life, whether they are going through the exact same things as me or whether it's different.
Part of the invitation in this section is to write down my testimony. I won't do that this post, but next post I will have it for you. Also it encourages to keep a journal, and more specifically of this 21 day journey I'm on. I'm considering this blog as my journal for that... but I may need to write ideas down in my other journal.
I encourage each and everyone of you to write and keep a journal. Not only will your generations benefit from it, but I truly believe that you will also.

1 comment:

Chelle! said...

I love writing in my journal. It is a place where I truly can be me and share the things of my heart where I am not judged and cannot be misunderstood. I love my journal.