Well my lesson went pretty well today. It was on the Creation... I didn't know how much material I was gonna be able to find about it besides what I already know. It went really well though. The girls were great and started a discussion that went really well. Two of the girls made comments that really struck me.
The first comment was that the Lord made this earth first and then man second. The earth is such a beautiful thing and some of the creations on it are unfathomable. But God saved man for last and we are his greatest creation. If we are the greatest creation of all and if the earth is so beautiful, imagine how much more beautiful we are in God's eyes. So we all should be beyond beautiful in each other's eyes.
The second comment was that the Lord loves us. And some people don't understand that "if the Lord loves us, then why does he put people in states of poverty and give them nothing at all?" The girl went on to explain that the Lord put things on this earth to help us get along and have things to eat, have things to make shelter and such. He put those kinds of things on this earth because He loves us. And if we don't use those things to get along, then we are the ones putting ourselves into poverty. People got along for thousands and thousands of years without the technology we have today, and the money we have today. So we shouldn't take the earth and everything on it that it has to offer for granted.
Those statements really struck me. And I felt the spirit when those comments were made. I'm so greatful for comments like those. They help me in my life and they put everything into a greater perspective.
I had a realization today after church... I've had a greater perspective on lots of things in the past few months. I've felt my testimony of the gospel grow so much in the last few months, and I know it's only going to get stronger. I love the spirit that I feel when I listen to talks in sacrament meeting, or singing the hymns, or hearing comments made by people in Sunday School and Relief Society. I'm getting better at reading the Ensign for extra insight, as well as praying and reading my scriptures. I'm greatful for the spirit that I've gained lately. It's helped me grow so much and I know that I can no where from here but upwards and forwards just because of the spirit and testimony that I've gained. I know my life is heading right where it needs to be, and that makes me so happy to know that.
Sunday, February 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
ohh thats great!! (:
Post a Comment