Today while at work, this lady came through my line and asked if I wanted to hear the funny for the day. Always up for a laugh in the middle of my shift... I said, "Sure! Lay it on me!" She continued with her story...
She said she was back by the coolers where the milk and eggs are, and she said she looked over and noticed that this elderly lady's milk in her cart was leaking. She could tell because of the milk puddle underneath the lady's cart that kept pilin' up. She wanted to let the elderly woman know so that when she got to the front she wouldn't wonder why one of her milk carton's was empty. She said she went up to the woman and said to her, "Ma'm, I just wanted to let you know that your milk is leakin'." She then said that her daughter, who was with her, gave her a funny look and realized what her daughter was thinking...................... She then decided she probably should have worded it differently... and she told me, "I felt quite stupid after saying that! I didn't mean for it to come across that way! I just wanted to let her know that her milk was leakin' from her carton!" While all three of us were laughing at the innocent comment, her daughter asked if the woman thought what she had. She said, "Well she didn't give me a funny look or anything, so I guess not. She just said, 'Oh it is? Oh thank you!' and looked in her cart... thank goodness!" Now honestly... I wouldn't have noticed either if I was the older woman. But it's acutally kinda funny. Now I know it's definately not a knee slapper, but it's one of those things that can give you a smile and a little chuckle because I know it did me. So ladies, please make sure your milk isn't leakin'! Your milk in your shopping carts, crazy heads!
Saturday, April 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
He he, I know the feeling... although it was the other milk!
That's funny. I don't think I would have been able to contain myself if i had been the one standing by watching someone get told that their "milk was leaking." He he!
Post a Comment