Thursday, September 16, 2010

27 Years

Today is my parent's 27th anniversary! I am so grateful for my parents and for all the good decisions they have made and for all the hard work that they do for me and my brother, sister, brother-in-law, and my nephews. They have been such great examples, and they have taught us so well and I am very grateful to have been in their lives. I haven't always made things easy for them, but I am so glad that they have stuck by me and have been there for me, even when I didn't want them to be. I love them so so so so much!

Engagement Photo


On their wedding day, 27 years ago. ( Too bad I couldn't find a good picture of both of them with my Dad in his black cowboy hat... BAHAHAHAHA! This'll do. :D)

Today... still in love.


I have another thing that I have been thinking about lately... This picture:

This picture was taken around the end of December or beginning of January, right before Cody left. What is he wearing? If you can't tell... it's my headband that I was wearing that night. We were playing around and being goofy and he had pulled it off my head and was playing with it. Then I took it from him and put it on his head. He let me take this picture. No complaints or objections. He just sat there and smiled while I put it on his head.

As I look back on this night, I think... "What an idiot! I must have been super retarded to put that on his head!" But the more I think about it and think about how he never complained or told me to take it off, I realized how much he must love me to sit there and let me be retarded :P and let me put it on his head. What a patient guy. Sometimes I do wacky stuff like that, just because it is my personality. And that doesn't bug Cody one bit. He loves me for who I am and for how I act... even though sometimes it's crazy. And he loves me enough to let me do these kind of stupid things to him...

After I took this picture, he did this:



He put the headband down on his eyes like that and then told me to take a picture. :D

I love him so so much! What a guy to put up with me... sometimes I wonder what he even sees in me haha! But I love that I love him and I love that he loves me. I can't wait for the day that he comes home and that I can give him a huge huge hug and tell him about everything! I can't wait for the day when I can see him smile again and hear him talk and hear him laugh. I just can't wait to see him again.

I have a good post coming tomorrow! I'm warning though, you may want to be have an extra pair of pants on hand, or be close to a bathroom.... you'll have to wait and see why. :P


No comments: