Monday, May 17, 2010

My How Time Flies

How crazy is it that May is pretty much almost over? I can't believe how fast time is going! Parker graduates high school in a week and a half and Lindsey graduates in 2 weeks. I've been out of high school for 2 years. Cody's been gone for 3 months. Parker turns 19 in November and will be leaving on his mission this year. I'm almost 20. Oh my gosh I can't even think of all the things that are milestones that don't feel like they should be happening. I swear that times goes by faster when you graduate from high school. Honestly. Haha!
I found more pictures of Cody to scrapbook. I remembered that him and Elder Gormus (his companion) sent pictures of them and their apartment and one of the activities they had as a ward/branch. I had to figure out a way to copy them so that I could make copies of them at Walmart.com to have them print it off for me, just because they had copy and pasted them to a word document. It was quite difficult! But I got it figured out. They are smaller pictures but they worked out great for a different type of page! I like working with smaller pictures! Anyways, here they are.
I must say that these two have turned out to be my favorite pages so far! I have no idea if it's because I got to experiment with smaller pictures or what. But I am becoming more and more comfortable with being creative, although these pages are super simple.

Got an email today from Cody. He had this to say about their work, "We had an amazing week last week. 4 people with baptismal dates, 5 in church, wow, we are stoked to be able to be doing this work haha, we plan on putting 5 more baptismal dates just this week sweetie. But we are so pumped to be doing this work." When I was over at his house yesterday, his dad was telling me that when they got to talk to him on the phone that you could tell he was so so happy and that he sounded like he was having the time of his life. I love hearing that! I love knowing that he is enjoying every bit of what he is doing out there. I know that when it gets time to come back, he will be glad to be home but he will miss being out there and talking to people.

Well, I gotta go! I have to read my scriptures and stuff still before I go to bed! I have to be up early for my new job! :D

1 comment:

Christensen Kids said...

Cute blog! I know it sounds funny, but I can't believe you guys are that old : -) doesn't that mean I'm getting older then?! Time sure does fly!