Sorry I didn't blog last night! I was so tired from a full day at the office that I fell asleep super early!
Well, all went well yesterday. On Tuesdays and Thursdays I work with a dentist named James Ashman. And guess what? He's 77 years old and still in there doin dirty work! Haha! He is so adorable! And so funny, so patient and so helpful. He didn't mind that I wasn't used to working with him and he was very patient and helping giving me tips on stuff. The other assistant that helps Dr. Ashman, Renette, told me that he is like your grandpa. And it's true. She also warned me that he is very old school and that he will do things and ask for things that I've never even heard of. Haha and it's so true! But he was very patient and very helpful when both of us had no idea what he was asking for. (Example: Reverse Plugger? haha I had never seen one but now I know what one is!) My x-rays are looking... G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S! I was so worried that I wasn't going to be able to do my x-rays right because I had the hardest time with Dex in school. But! They are so much easier on real people, and everyone kept telling me that but for some reason I didn't believe them. Now I do haha! I love taking x-rays! To me it's so much fun!
I don't dread going to work anymore. I always wanted to call in sick to Sam's Club, but not at the dental office. I think it's because there is so much different stuff going on every day that it's not the same lame thing like at Sam's. I am so excited to get in there and get working on people and get better at my skills.
Yesterday, I did get to watch the hygienist, Laura, for a little bit. And... I was a little nervous at what I saw. I am so excited to get my hygienist, don't get me wrong, but I didn't realize that I would have to learn how to numb people for procedures... with a NEEDLE! AHHHHH! If you don't know me very well, then you don't know how scared I am of needles for myself and having to stick a needle in someone else. I can load the needle, hand the needle, watch it being administered, take it back and unload it. But I'm scared of doing it myself! I don't know how good at that I will do! AHHHHHHH! My hands are shaking just thinking about it! :(
Well, nothing else really going on. Tomorrow is my last day of work until Tuesday! I actually get weekends now. Who knew they existed!? Definately not me. :D Have a good night everyone!
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
That's so awesome. I'm glad that you love your job. There's nothing worse than having to do something you hate all day.
Congrats Shelbs! I'm glad you get to do something you like now. It makes life easier doesn't it? :)
Well I'm happy that things are going good in the dental world. And you'd better get used to needles girl because you will be administering those numbing injections! It's not that bad. Remember how I said I was scared the first time I had to stick someone? It's not that bad. First one is the worst. You'll be fine! Love you! See you on Thursday at PARKER'S GRADUATION!!! AHHH!!!
Post a Comment