While I was reading this month's Ensign, I found some quotes that I really enjoyed that helped lift me.
The first is by President James E. Faust, one of my favorite apostles. He said, "If you have done your best, which you usually do, your humble offering, whatever it may be, will be acceptable and pleasing to the Lord." This quote made me think. Lately I've been feeling a little inadequate and this let me know that whatever I'm doing, whether it be working, getting ready for school, preparing a Relief Society lesson, visiting teaching, or whatever else, I'm doing the best I can and that's all the Lord can ask of me. He knows what I'm doing in my life and He knows that I'm trying to accomplish a ton of things right now and that I'm trying to get myself to a specific spiritual and temporal state and thats all He expects of me, that I'm doing the best that I can. So, if you're feeling the same way I have been lately, remember this... Just do your best! And the Lord will be pleased with and will bless you.
The next quote is from President Boyd K. Packer. It says, "If you are helpless, He is not. If you are lost, He is not. If you don't know what to do next, He knows. It would take a miracle, you say? Well, if it takes a miracle, why not?" I really enjoyed this quote as well. As you may know, I've been relying on the Lord a lot, and this is just another quote/story that gives me proof that the Lord is always with me and that if I ever need Him, He is "holding my hand." I love that feeling. I love the fact that I have someone who does understand me when I feel like no one else does. I love the fact that I've got a big brother that loves me and cares for me, even when I feel like no one else does. I love the spirit that comes with this knowledge. I am grateful for this knowledge that I will never take it for granted, ever.
Sorry if this post seems a little repetitive or jumbled. I'm tired but had to get this down or else I was going to forget all the things that I was feeling and wanted to say at this moment.
Thursday, March 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment