Ok. Seriously. Let's see how much worse this week can get for me.
I came home from hanging out with Holly (which was NOT the bad part of this week... and there's more fun to come but anyways...) and my dad was on the phone with someone. Turns out it was my aunt Kathy.
My Grandma Stringfellow isn't doing so great. It all started two years ago, when she fell and broke her hip. Then it's all kinda started going down hill from there. After she broke her hip and had been home for a little while, she started having mini-strokes (keep in mind the woman is almost 90 years old. Kinda has it coming to her. Oh and she's not my great-grandma. Some of you may be thinking that. She's my dad's mom...) Anyways, they thought they had that under control. A few months ago she found out that she has Diverticulitis, which is inflammation of your colon. Not fun. So they put her on a high fiber diet to helpfully help with that. She's been so bloated from it that she's got bloating pains and so now she's not eating well. She's on blood thinners and aspirin for her strokes, she's on high cholesterol meds,a butt load of other medications for tons of other things and she's on a high fiber diet, which apparently is not helping. She's on Lortab for her hip, her back... she's got Osteoporosis too and she's lost several inches of her height over the course of my entire life, her vertebrae used to snap and so she's so hunched over that her ribs are rubbing up against her hip bones and causing her that pain. She says that she can't go on without Lortab, which may be true but it's not good for her Diverticulitis, if anything it irritates her more. Kathy took her to the doctor today for an MRI and the doctor found some stuff that he didn't like. They are going to take fluids from her stomach next Wednesday to test her for cancer. He's pretty sure she's got it. He doesn't know what kind and if he does he didn't say... but he's pretty sure. That's why they're testing.
Anyways, my aunt was telling my dad that all of this is reminding her of stuff that Melba, her mom, went through before she died. She thinks my Grandma is giving up. Ugh.
Now, I realize that my Grandma is almost 90. I realize that all of this is a long time coming. But, if it's true, that she is giving up, I can't go through that. I remember what it was like when my Grandpa Stringfellow died the summer before my 8th grade year. I don't want to loose another grandparent. I love my grandparents, on both sides. I know that families are always together forever and I know that I will see them again, but it's hard. Anyways, more info to come when we find out what's going on.
On a more happy note, I did hang out with Holly tonight! We watched Vampire Diaries hehehehe! MMMMM Stefan! :D And then Shawn and I started watching the first part of Supernatural hehe and he thinks he may have found a new show to watch! haha! Poppa Shawn hehehe!
And Saturday, I get to hang out with Lindsey and Deborah and Claude and my mom and dad and Parker! YAY!
And... I'm off until Monday! How I scored Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off... I don't know but I'm NOT giving it up! :D
Ok... I feel a little bit happier after those last few notes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment