Monday, May 10, 2010

Job Results and Cody Update

Cody update:
I got an email from him today! I love getting emails from him, even though they are forwarded to me by his dad because he can't directly email me anymore haha but I still love getting them. He's told me that while being in Canelones, he's learned the lessons of patience and obedience. He said, "...obedience is key on a mission i have discovered. Without it we are unable to do the work that the lord has put in front of us to do for him." Oh what a cute, inspirational missionary! :D I'm glad that he's learning a lot out there, and I'm grateful for his companion trainer, Elder Gormus, who has helped teach him a lot. Cody will be a great trainer companion one day, all with the help of Elder Gormus and also with the help of his other companions.

I decided that I am going to make Cody a mission scrapbook (hehe!) with all of his mission pictures that he sends me so that he can look at them later in life and remember lots of memories about his mission. I made the first page today.



It's really simple, but I figured it doesn't need to be too elaborate, at least right now. The pictures are pictures that his mission president in Montevideo sent to Shawn who sent them to me. The lettering in the top right hand corner is the letter that the Da Silva's emailed with the pictures. I still need to make farewell pages for it. That is the next project.

Job update:
I GOT THE ASSISTING JOB! YAY! Oh my goodness! I am so excited! I had butterflies swimming around in my stomach all weekend because I was so nervous about it. (hahaha! Swimming butterflies? Don't ask. :D) Anyways, I start training Friday morning before work, and then I will work Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays with alternating Fridays. SOO EXCITED! Goodbye Sam's Club! But thanks for keeping my on my feet for a little while!

1 comment:

Princess Karra said...

Congrats Shelbs!!!! I'm so glad that you got the job! Too bad we can't see you at Sam's any more. ;) just kidding!